Monday, May 2, 2011

In My Backyard

Today I had another new yard bird - a Baltimore oriole. I tried to attract these last year, so I was thrilled when I saw one in my backyard tonight! I put out a fresh orange and some grape jelly in hopes of keeping him around. He may have been visiting my hummingbird feeder. When he first caught my eye he was flying from that direction, but I can't be sure. I saw him a couple times tonight, so hopefully he will decide to stay. (It was rainy and the picture was taken through the window, so it is less than stellar. )



I had a chipping sparrow in my yard a couple weeks ago. Since then I have had several more. They were quite interested in what I was doing when I was refilling my feeders today. They're cute little birds.





I also had my first hummingbird of the season last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment